Mathtech provides a full suite of services to help our clients improve their business operations, leverage information technology to the fullest, and manage their transformational projects successfully. We truly provide a “Clear Direction for Project Success” and operate with the sole purpose of helping every client reach the goals they set forth to achieve.
Project Management Support, Maturity and Capability Assessments, Governance and PMO Setup, Training and Mentoring, Project Management and Technical Oversight, Vendor and Contract Management, IV&V
Planning for Change, Defining and Assessing Change, Communication/Stakeholder Planning, Change Networks, Coaching, Training, Learning & Development, Sustaining Change
Operational Assessment and Strategic Planning, Business Process Optimization, Data Analysis, Business Continuity Planning
IT Strategy and Architecture Development, Requirements Analysis and RFP Development, Systems Development, Systems Operation and Maintenance
QA Certification and Auditing, System Testing
IT Staffing and Placement
Technologists, Subject Matter Experts
Economic Consulting & Litigation Services
Through the Fontana Group, Automotive Consulting, Expert Testimony, Litigation Support
Integrated Communication Systems
Through ICSG, Hardware System Development, Analytical Consulting Services, In-Depth Technical Studies
Organizations move forward through the execution of projects. Important projects implement new technology, launch new products, upgrade infrastructure, change business processes, and are the overall driving force behind change. Mathtech’s Strategic PMO is our overall project management approach we use to manage projects. Our Strategic PMO allows organizations to manage one or more projects in a thorough approach that manages resources and risks and implements a project management structure that can support the organization after the consultants have finished.
Our Strategic PMO Philosophy is practical and straightforward and aligns with PMI (Project Management Institute) standards. It also prioritizes knowledge sharing and focuses on value-added effort rather than administrative paperwork. The Strategic PMO includes clear definitions of project roles and responsibilities, work products and assignments, and clear procedures for risk and issue tracking, escalation, and resolution.
Our Strategic PMO Philosophy …
- is practical & simple
- aligns with industry standards
- heavy emphasis on knowledge sharing with client staff
- is based on a value-added process instead of endless tracking and documentation
- attends to organizational needs and culture
Our Strategic PMO Objectives includes:
- Clear Definition of Roles and Responsibilities
- Clear Definition of Work Products and Assignments
- Effective Issue Tracking, Escalation, and Resolution Process
- Management Activities Matched to the Needs of the Project and Adaptable as Necessary
- Thorough Communication Process
Another feature of our Strategic PMO is the process of evaluating and redefining the PMO as projects progress and the organization matures.
Mathtech’s approach enables our teams to quickly help clients manage one or more projects in a thorough manner that manages resources and risk, and implements a project management structure that can support the organization after the consultants have finished. Based on the PMBOK framework established by PMI, and supported by our experienced Project Management Professional (PMP) team, Mathtech ensures that projects are designed for manageability and actively managed for success.
- Project Management, PMO and Governance – Mathtech can provide project management support to any size project. Mathtech can develop a governance model to properly guide a project, handle strategic decisions, and connect a project or operations to the organization.
- IV&V and Project Management Oversight – Mathtech has deep experience in projects of all sizes to perform independent verification of project management structure as well as technical design and development. Mathtech has employed our Project Management Oversight services on large, statewide, mission-critical projects.
Mathtech understands that projects cannot only be challenging – but can also be rewarding, refreshing, and very successful. We appreciate the fact that significant planning will have been invested in any effort and that continued effort is required through implementation and rollout. So, what lies ahead? Challenges and accomplishments. Our experts have first-hand experience with change management and know that is a critical element of any project, small or large.
- Readiness Assessment – Mathtech helps our clients gauge the organizational readiness to change. The assessments provide the team with insights into the challenges and opportunities they may face during the change process.
- Roadmap – Mathtech creates and outlines the journey through which the organization will travel throughout the process.
- Communication/Stakeholder Planning – Mathtech understands that each stakeholder group differs in their roles and responsibilities, needs, pre-conceptions, organizational priorities, and communication preferences. This helps us devise a plan to establish a comprehensive understanding of the stakeholder groups.
- Coaching – Mathech supports individuals through the change process as it can be difficult.
- Training – Mathtech knows that training is an important step for a project to be successful. Training is delivered after change management steps have been taken to ensure employees have an awareness of the change and desire to support the change.
- ADKAR® – One of the best-known OCM methodologies providing support, planning, and analytics along the way.
No two companies or jurisdictions are exactly alike; in fact, you have quite a few aspects of your operation that set you apart. At Mathtech, we understand those considerations and believe that true operational improvement starts by understanding not only how, but why you operate the way you do. Our seasoned consultants have the perfect blend of operational experience and facilitation skills to complete a thorough analysis and identify realistic, impactful areas of improvement.
- Operational Assessment and Strategic Planning – Mathtech provides all levels of assessments and consultation to Boards, Executive Management, and Project teams for diagnosing and improving the effectiveness of projects and daily operations.
- Business Process Optimization – Mathtech leverages a structured and thorough approach to review the aspects of your business processes to understand how they are timely, accurate, efficient, and secure. The outcome of our assessments yield clearly identified areas for improvement.
- Data Analysis and Litigation Support – Mathtech provides expert economic analysis and testimony in commercial litigation involving economic damages, franchisee/franchisor disputes, breach of contract, medical malpractice, computer litigation, personal injury, fraud, and other legal matters.
- Business Continuity Planning – Mathtech provides expertise and proven approaches to reduce your organization’s risk profile, including Business Impact Analysis & Risk Assessment, Business Recovery Plan Development, Crisis Management Plan Development, Policy and Procedure Development, Disaster Recovery Plan Development, and BCP & DR Test Planning & Execution.
At Mathtech, we believe that technology must be an effective enabler of your business operations. Our experience with Systems Planning, Enterprise Architecture, Systems Development and Support enables us to provide the support our clients need to navigate their technology foundation to determine the best path forward. We are skilled at modernization planning, designing hybrid models to leverage a mix of COTS, in-house developed systems, and newly developed systems. Your business doesn’t stay the same; you need your supporting technology to keep pace. Our pragmatic approach to system analysis and enhancement allows our clients to proceed with critical systems at a manageable pace with manageable risk.
- IT Strategy and Architecture Development – Mathtech helps our clients develop a flexible strategy to meet technology objectives by leveraging existing technology and new technology as needed.
- Implementation Strategy – Partitioning the overall functionality into manageable projects which help to accomplish the overall goal of modernization.
- Refining the Blueprint – Mathtech leverages a Blueprint Methodology to define future functional needs and begins the process of identifying necessary technologies for fulfillment of those needs.
- Requirements Analysis and RFP Development – Mathtech can develop detailed requirements, write RFPs, and assist in the bidding and evaluation process. We design our RFPs to create manageable, well- defined projects.
- Systems Development – Mathtech provides a full range of implementation services that allow our clients to offer more services quickly using industry-standard methods and technologies.
- Systems Operation and Maintenance – Mathtech leverages our deep systems and technology expertise to provide ongoing support and maintenance services to ensure that our clients’ technology continues to provide the foundation upon which to operate a thriving business.
Mathtech’s focus on Quality Assurance has been honed by years of adherence to CMM practices and the attainment of certifications required by ISO and the aerospace industry for military product development. Real project success hinges upon the quality of the product or service being delivered. Our proven Quality Management Approach establishes the foundation for building and improving a quality management system. Our experience in overseeing complex projects verifies that established quality processes are being followed and refined, recognizing that quality is improved as these processes evolve based on the real-world experience. Quality Management is not the end in itself, but rather the method used to ensure that services and products delivered fully meet the customer’s requirements.
- QA Certification and Auditing – Mathtech provides Quality Assurance Certification, Auditing and Consulting. Our internal processes fulfill the most stringent ISO9000 and AS9100 certifications needed for military applications.
- System Testing – Mathtech has deep experience performing rigorous testing of systems and hardware, employing a thorough testing approach designed to ensure readiness on day one of operation.
- Scripting & Traceability – Mathtech establishes a playbook against which systems are held accountable and traced back to the original requirements.
- Environment & Data Management – Mathtech handles the supporting structures on which the testing will occur.
- Education – Mathtech provides education about testing, how to test, and how to manage testing.
- Defect Management – Mathtech tracks and follows the path to resolution of items found during the testing process.
- PMBOK® – The underlying methodology upon which the Mathtech’s framework is based.
IT Staffing and Placement
Mathtech bases its philosophy for providing IT staffing solutions upon the balance we maintain between high-end consulting engagements and staff augmentation services. A key reason for our success is that these two different types of services are managed by and delivered from the same pool of exceptional resources. The resources we provide for our clients’ staff augmentation needs are the same resources who serve on our Mathtech consulting engagements. In addition, we offer a more expansive offering of resources. We understand that our clients need not only resources with technically specific skills, but also need short-term, focused support in specific subject matter areas. Our extensive pool of resources, coupled with our detailed knowledge of specific subject matter areas within federal, state, commercial, and nonprofit competencies, makes us the perfect partner to help drive our clients’ success.
- Technologists – Our depth of experience in IT Strategy and Architecture, Systems Development, and large-scale Project Management and Oversight provides us with the right foundation with which to match our clients’ needs with our Mathtech Certified Resource pool.
- Subject Matter Experts – Difficult to find subject areas are our specialty; our experience in specialized domains within federal, state, and local governments as well as the Commercial Sector ensures that we have access to qualified resources who can add value immediately.
Economic Consulting & Litigation Services
The Fontana Group draws upon a wide variety of skills in business, economics, accounting, market research, quantitative methods, and computer analysis in designing solutions to client problems. We also call upon our parent company, Mathtech, Inc., for its highly-skilled staff with expertise in economics, engineering, and information technology. With these resources, The Fontana Group is well equipped to tackle the most complex business problems.
- Litigation – The Fontana Group specializes in the ability to identify, acquire, organize, and distill complex data from diverse sources into concise, persuasive exhibits.
- Automotive Consulting – The Fontana Group provides insight to manufacturers regarding customer satisfaction, sales effectiveness, market area definition, franchise agreements, and warranty reimbursements.
- Economic Consulting – The Fontana Group provides expert economic testimony in commercial litigation involving economic damages, franchisee/franchisor disputes, breach of contract, medical malpractice, computer litigation, personal injury, fraud, and other legal matters.
- Expert Testimony – The Fontana Group employs its analytical expertise and extensive experience to develop credible findings, which lead to credible and persuasive expert testimony. Studies and testimony from Fontana Group experts have been used to support verdicts, findings, and settlements in courts and other tribunals throughout the country.
Integrated Communication Systems
The Integrated Communications Systems Group (ICSG) is a developer of platform agnostic integrated communications systems that are rugged, reliable, and world-class. These systems represent best in class solutions to complex engineering requirements. They are driven by strict SWaP initiatives, together with end-user conceptual design.
Solutions include the extensive use of fiber optics, stress/fatigue-reducing designs, high isolation technology, and Fly Home Safe™ emergency communication, all with full EMI/Tempest Compliance. The system and its variants are compatible with a wide range of combat platforms for air, land, and seagoing applications.
ICSG’s manufacturing oversight assures on-time delivery within budget while upholding the highest quality standards. The company is currently under contract to provide long-term, high volume production of the AN/AYQ-27 Digital Communication Management System, commercially known as Intellicom-27™, for the Navy’s new E-2D airborne surveillance aircraft.